Thursday, January 17, 2008

Business Lessons from The Godfather


The Godfather is the ultimate consultant:

"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."

"I don't like violence, Tom. I'm a businessman. Blood is a big expense."

"Mr. Corleone is a man who insists on hearing bad news immediately."

"Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again."

"And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you."

"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

"No, no, no! No more! Not this time, Consiglieri. No more meetings, no more discussions, no more Sollozzo tricks. You give 'em one message: I want Sollozzo. If not, it's all-out war. We go to the mattresses."

"Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me."

"Do me this favor. I won’t forget it. Ask your friends in the neighborhood about me. They’ll tell you I know how to return a favor."

"If anything is certain in life…. if history has taught us anything…you can kill anyone."

And my personal favorite...

"Mr. Corleone never asks a second favor once he’s refused the first."

No comments: